Physical Education Curriculum
Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live. Jim Rohn
WE HAVE JOINED SCHOOL GAMES. AS PART OF THIS ORGANISATION WE FIND OUT ABOUT INTER-SCHOOL COMPETITIONS AND TOURNAMENTS IN OUR AREA, AS WELL AS GET IDEAS FOR INTRA-SCHOOL COMPETITIONS. TO SEE OUR PROFILE ON THE SCHOOL GAMES WEBSITE, GO TO: https://www.yourschoolgames.com/schools/magna-carta-primary-academy/
Aims of the PE Curriculum:
The national curriculum for physical education aims to ensure that all pupils:
- develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities and sports;
- are physically active for sustained periods of time;
- engage in competitive sports and activities;
- lead healthy, active lives.
Early Years outcomes
- show increasing control over an object in pushing, patting, throwing, catching or kicking it;
- show good control and co-ordination in large and small movements;
- negotiate space successfully when playing games and activities with others, adjusting speed or changing direction to avoid obstacles;
- experiment with different ways of moving;
- move confidently in a range of ways, safely negotiating space.
- develop fundamental movement skills;
- become increasingly competent and confident;
- access a broad range of opportunities to extend their agility, balance and co-ordination, individually and with others;
- engage in competition (both against self and against others) and co-operate in physical activities, in a range of increasingly challenging situations.
- continue to apply and develop a broad range of skills, learning how to use them in different ways and to link them to make actions and sequences of movement;
- enjoy communicating, collaborating and competing with each other;
- develop an understanding of how to improve in different physical activities and sports and learn how to evaluate and recognise their own and others' successes.